Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My sister's friend made an amusing comment the other day.  She said the trailer looked good but it would be better if it wasn't covered in so much sponsorship!  Don't worry, it's all coming off.

Have done quite a bit lately, but with the deadline fast approaching, I'm not spending so much time blogging.




Firstly the instrument panel, which was cut out on the CNC machine at uni and basically folded together.  The dibond is very versatile in this respect.  The holes are cut to reveal the instruments on a screen behind.  The black rectangle above is the head tracking hardware.  The whole thing is on a long stalk so it can swing out the way to make it easier for people to get in.

The screen/roof has the top surface on.  It still needs to be properly riveted into place but I ran out of light last night, hence the photography.  It is heavier than I want so I will me making a tool to make it easier to lift and maneuver.


The mounting is finished for the glider, I just need to drill the holes that the bolts go through.  The glider frame will be cleaned up and pained black as well, making the whole thing difficult to see.  The glider appears to float above the floor (well I like to think so).



That's all for now.

No comments: