Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Quick update

My appologies for not posting for a little while. Unfortunately I can't base my Uni project completely on just fixing up a glider and making the controls work. Occasionally I have to do some proper work.

The proper work in question is a user study and problem solving for the issue of basically getting in and out. As instructor would know, first timers often have difficulty knowing where to stand, where to put their weight, and lifting themselves in and out (especially with older generations).

The problem comprises of steps to get up onto the trailer (relatively simple) and then getting in the glider itself. It might seem trivial to some, but with potentially hundreds of people getting in and out each day, it is important.



A basic setup is all thats required to get a good idea of the problem. I simply put a floor onto the trailer with planks and then tied the glider down on top. This did the trick beautifully and I have a lot of feedback to work with

No comments: